Which is better to reduce facial redness: V Beam or IPL? (Photos)

My face has slightly red/pink pigmentation, I flush very easily, etc. wanting to know which is the best option to reduce redness.

Facial Redness

Facial redness is caused by small blood vessels in the skin. If the vessel is large enough to see the outline, I prefer the #Vbeam laser. If the issue is more of a background pink/red hue of the skin the IPL (I actually prefer Sciton's #BBL) is a better option. In many cases I will use both during the same treatment. Neither #LASER should cause any downtime, maybe a bit of bruising with the V Beam. Best of luck, Dr. M

Annapolis General Surgeon

Which is better to reduce facial redness: V Beam or IPL?

The VBeamĀ® lasers treats redness/flushing/broken capillaries specifically, while IPL addresses those and certain types of brown pigmentation as well.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist