A very dark post-VBeam scab is forming, is it normal? (Photo)

Hi to everyone, I have had my VBeam treatment done (3 days ago) and I have been wondering if it's normal to see this amount of dark red and scabs? I got it done because I had an impetigo infection months ago and it left a small red mark. I have never expected such a dramatic result after VBeam and I'm worried it won't fade so easily, thank you or your opinion, J.

VBeam Scab Forming

I suggest seeing an expert for a formal consultation, this needs appropriate skin care at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dark red scab after VBeam

It is hard to say without a before picture. It is not normal to be this red after a laser and a scab is not normal either. Please see your doctor who performed this procedure and ask them to evaluation the area. I'm thinking because it was such a small area of treatment that there was repeated pulses without allowing the skin to cool appropriately between pulses.

Steven F. Weiner, MD