Drainless tummy tuck leaking.

I had a drainless tummy tuck 10 days ago. I just changed my tape yesterday over my scar and today I am leaking fluid in the center of my incision. Is this normal?

Drainless Tummy Tuck Leaking

There are many ways to perform a tummy tuck operation. Simply not using drains in a conventional tummy tuck is very different from a plastic surgeon who uniquely reduces the abdomen adipose tissue and skin while preserving the lymphatic drainage from the abdominal wall. With all of that said, some fluid leaking from the incision is not an overly concerning thing. Since your post was put up over a month ago, I am sure that by now you have taken up the matter with your plastic surgeon and have addressed any concerns you have. Good question, however.

Dr. C