I'm a Bbw and I don't know if I should get Lipo, tummy tuck or a bbl - I'm 265 and 5 '6, I need some help. (photos)

Imma Bbw and I don't know if I should get Lipo,tummy tuck or a bbl I'm 265 and 5 '6 I need some help do I need to lose weight before a tummy tuck? I'm sure I do. Any suggestions (pictures below) *graphic

Weight Loss

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. I would encourage you to lose weight before considering getting a surgical procedure done. You will get a much better result if you can get as close to your ideal weight prior to your cosmetic surgery. Neither procedure should be considered a weight loss tool. As physician, my first priority is keeping my patients safe and not perform surgery that could be risky. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Cali Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

Losing weight is always recommended before getting a contouring surgical procedure done. It will give you better results with the Liposuction and Tummy Tuck. Once you lose around 40 pounds, the tummy tuck will be even more effective because more loose skin will be removed. I would suggest having an in office consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon to better answer any questions that you may have. 

BBW and tummy tuck

At your current weight, you are not a candidate for body contouring surgery.  I would strongly recommend weight loss prior to considering any cosmetic plastic surgery.  Your BMI is 42, and a BMI of 30 or below is the general recommendation both in terms of final result and risk of complications. If you have issues with hygeine and skin fold infections, you may be a candidate for a panniculectomy.  This is not a cosmetic procedure and does not generally provide an ideal aesthetic result but can greatly improve quality of life in the right patient.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Help

You are not a surgical candidate. You need to loose weight first. Go to your internet or a dietitian for help getting down a few pounds.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Weight issue

You need to lose weight first before considering these procedures. You might want to consider seeing a bariatric surgeon if losing weight is a problem for you.  Good luck.

Courage

Thanks for your question A lot of people that are bigger want to ask the same questions but are too embarrassed to ask. The answer is maybe not as straight forward as you may think and it depends on your individual realities. We always want the patients to be as "fit as possible ", however one can never escape genetics and family resemblance. Therefore, the short answer is you should be within 15-20% of your ideal weight. If however, you lead a very regular workout routine and clean diet and have for many years there are things to consider. First consider a surgery for weight reduction or bariatric surgery. Second if you are not able to do that and religiously lead a clean lifestyle, and are willing to remain "full" figured a body shaping surgery, such as the ones you proposed maybe reasonable. Remember that the goal of any good cosmetic surgery face or body, is the pursuit or restoration of an  attractive shape. This may include the tightning of skin like a tummy tuck or breast lift which have the compromise of  scar and other negatives. Don't loose hope in the time consuming dedication to a healthier and fitter you. Work hard, set and meet your goals. Consider bariatric surgery consultation.  Then you will be ready  for a new figure where your skin hugs to your new shapely body. Good luck! Invest the time, about 12 months and you should be good.

Daniel Bortnick, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy

Unfortunately, tummy tuck, liposuction, fat grafting are not for weight loss. They all treat problem areas, but have risks. Treatment of the belly fat can help jump start weight loss in some cases. An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations, including nutrition evaluation.

I'm a Bbw and I don't know if I should get Lipo, tummy tuck or a bbl - I'm 265 and 5 '6, I need some help.

I would recommend weight loss prior to consideration of the procedures you have mentioned.

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Optimum weight and surgery

Yes, it is always best to be within 10-15 pounds of a maintainable goal weight. It will ensure a better outcome and is safer for the patient. Once you are there, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in body contouring procedures.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon