Tummy tuck skin adhesion? (Photo)

I am 7 months post tummy tuck. There is a skin to fascia adhesion next to my belly button from an incision that healed there. It now creates a deformity where my natural center line deviates to the left of the adhesion making me look very weird. Other people can notice it and wonder what's wrong with my stomach. Is there any way to easily fix this, release the adhesion, without being too invasive? I'm happy with the tummy tuck and very sad with this deformity. Thank you for your advice!

Contour irregularities after tummy tuck

can be addressed with scar release and fat grafting... but the scar release requires a long and large pickle-fork cannula and you must have fat somewhere that can be harvested and prepped to give you the best chance as success.  An exam is needed of course so your anatomy and scars can be evaluated.

Tummy deformity following tummy tuck surgery

Although an examination is necessary to determine the exact cause of divot/tethering, it might be possible to fill in your divot with fat graft transfer. A consultation is necessary to provide you a definitive recommendation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Tummy tuck skin adhesion?

This can improved with scar release and possible fat grafting or similar techniques.

Adhesion

This is an interesting problem.  Of course there is the option to reopen the entire incision and release the adhesion that way.  There is also another option which is less invasive called a surgiwire, which may work as well.  Please discuss with your surgeon.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon