My scar from tummy tuck is stretching and widening, why is that? (Photo)

How to prevent scar and stop the stretching, it will be wide,extensive :((( Maybe because i do more of abs exercise? Why the highest scar is extensive more than the down?

My scar from tummy tuck is stretching and widening, why is that?

There may be a multitude of factors including tension of closure.  Scar revision may be appropriate in this case.

Scar therapy

My best advice would be for you to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to talk options. It looks as if the scar may need to be revised although only you can decide if the potential improvement is worth it.  

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Scar

The most common reason for scar widening is excess tension across the incision line at the time of closure.  These can be revised and the healing supported with Embrace Scar Therapy which is an 8 week post operative treatment program.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon