Is my belly button retracting? Where did it go? (photos)

14days post op from fully tummy tuck with lipo. The first picture that is more red was taken one week out and today the skin looks better but where did my belly button go? Why is it "gone" and I can no longer see it?

Is my belly button retracting?

Hi and thanks for your question. Everything looks good with your belly button, the shape might have chaged because of swelling around it.

Best wishes

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Belly button

Your bb looks perfect and beautiful. 

After several more months the scar will be even better and would barely tell you had anything done. 

Congrats 

Dr. Cardenas 

Belly button

Hello and thank you for posting photos along with your question. The answer to this question is pretty quite simple. Your belly button is not gone! Its still right there. What you are looking at IS your belly button. In the 1st pic, the belly button is just a little wider but this can likely be due to the swelling. Now that your swelling is decreasing your belly button is looking a little more vertical and oval but it is still there. This answer is based on the question I think your asking and my interpretation of the photos. The best and most correct diagnosis can only come from being evaluated in person. That being said, if you have any questions about your results you should be able to contact your plastic surgeon and make an appointment to discuss them with him/her. I hope this helps and congrats on your new body!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon