Crease line on stomach? (Photo)

I'm an 18-year-old female who is about 5' 3" and 125 pounds. Over the years I've developed a really unattractive line on my stomach from sitting. Part of it does have to do with my posture, but my body fat doesn't help things either. This line bugs me to no end. What is the best way for me to deal with this?

Crease line on stomach?

Thank you for the question. I think that you have answered your question yourself; best to address postural concerns and achieve your long-term stable weight (through diet and exercise).  Doing so, it is likely that you will not need the services of a plastic surgeon.   Best wishes.

Stomach crease

That is a natural skin crease which cannot be totally removed. It can be made less apparent with liposuction above and below (full abdomen).

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Crease line on stomach?

I would recommend more standard pictures standing up so that you can have better evaluation.

Crease line on stomach?

The amount of subcutaneous fat padding present suggests to me that you do need to lose weight or if unsuccessful consider liposuction to reduce the prominent fat both above and below the crease line.  This will not alleviate the crease but will at least diminish its prominence and visibility.  If this is of interest to you after attempted weight loss meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon

Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Crease line on stomach?

The first things to change is your posture as you might prevent back problems down the road. Your photos  show more abdominal fat than we would expect with your height and weight. Exercise and abdominal strengthening are the next steps to take.

Exercise Will Improve Your Posture

Your first plan of attack should be working on your posture and exercise. I think it you strengthen your core, this line will disappear. Next, if it still bothers you after taking up an exercise regime, try something non-surgical such as CoolSculpt. I always think it best to begin with the least invasive options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  You may be a candidate for liposuction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Crease

At 18 years of age, the two reasonable options are either to leave well enough alone, or to undergo a liposuction procedure to try to even out the contour above and below the line.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal crease

An abdominal creases are normal.  Liposuction may help flatten the area but the crease will stay.  Best of luck.