I hate my rhinoplasty - 6 days post op - will it look drastically different once the swelling has gone down?

As soon as I saw my nose I started crying, and I can't stop. It was an augmentation procedure, and now my nose looks huge from the front, especially the tip and I feel so ugly and disproportioned. I really wanted a scoop from the side; a curved bridge. Instead its poker straight and so manly. I also think that from side profile the entire tip looks hugely disproportionate. How much of this is down to swelling? Will I magically have the nose I want when swelling reduces, or is this it?

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only six days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty - 6 days post op

Thank you for your question. The healing process after rhinoplasty requires a special brand of patience as the nose swells and obscures the final form for some time.  We usually tell patients to expect to look very swollen for a few weeks with slow steady improvement afterwards.  Most of the healing and results are in place by around 2 months, though things are still in evolution for 6 months or so. My advice is to give it some time to heal and see the final result. Wishing you a speddy recovery!

Early post op

photos would help but it usually takes 6-12 months before you will see the end results.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase. I also do not understand why you had a augmentation rhinoplasty if you wanted a scoop from the side ??

Best to allow the healing process to continue for 3 to 6 months before making a decision upon the appearances.

6 days post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in the healing phase and it is important to let your body heal before making an assessment.  It is usually 6 months before you will see the end results.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.  Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 days post op rhinoplasty

At 6 days after rhinoplasty the swelling can distort the nose. In some cases the swelling can be dramatic and once it resolves in 3 weeks or so, the nose starts appearing a lot better. At this point you need support and reassurance. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon