Extreme vaginal swelling after TT, BL, TL. Is this normal? (photo)

I am 6 days post op tummy tuck, medial thigh lift and breast lift with implants. Most of my drains were removed second day post op, I still have two on the backs of my thighs. But they are not producing much. I have a professional grade compression garment I wear 24/7 which shoves my vagina and basically strangles it. ITS HUGE! I have an appointment in a couple days for follow up with my surgeon, but would like any input, suggestions, or opinions. Could the garnet be too small? Thank you!!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.  The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Swelling in mons area after tummy tuck

This area often swells after surgery and it takes an extended time to resolve. Rest assured it will resolve. You may need to adjust your garment if it is strangling the area.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Swelling Post-Op from Tummy Tuck

With #cosmeticsurgery such as #abdominoplasty, we have our patients start on vitamins and supplements two weeks before and two weeks after.  We prefer VitaMedica, as we know the content of these surgical support vitamins.  The program includes Arnica and Bromelain. 

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photo. You are relatively early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your tummy tuck surgery, Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Swelling

Thank you for your question.  It wouldn't be uncommon to have a lot of swelling in the pubic area after all those surgeries, especially after the drains were removed early.  Be sure to contact your surgeon to communicate your concerns.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Post op swelling after body contouring

Hi and thanks for posting your questions and concerns.After large body contouring cases involving the abdomen, legs and pubic area a significant amount of swelling can accumulate in the most dependent areas. The pubic area is the most prone to swellling in the post op time period because, no matter how you position yourself, your pubic area is below incisions and able to accumulate fluid. The pubic area also receives a great deal of blood flow, which contribute to the swelling you may notice. Patience with the clearance of swelling is the best advice I can give you. It can take up to 6 months and the pubic area holds onto it the longest in many cases. Best wishes!

Rachel Streu, MD

Swelling of the genitalia can occur after abdominoplasty.

Because of alteration in drainage of lymph, swelling in the genital area can be significant after mommy makeover surgery. However, the patient should be carefully checked for an underlying hematoma.

Extreme vaginal swelling after TT, BL, TL. Is this normal?

Swelling is common after such extensive procedures, especially since your drains were removed very early. Best to follow up with your operating surgeon regularly so you can be properly evaluated in person and additional treatment recommendations can be given. Good luck for great results!

Thank you for your question and photo.  Swelling in the pubic region will occur after a tummy tuck.  Combining a tummy tuck with a modified medial thigh lift will worsen the swelling.  The garment will also worsen the swelling. This swelling is transient and will improve over the next 2 weeks.   You need to see your plastic surgeon for an examination and follow his recommendations.  Best Wishes

Swelling

Your compression garment may be to blame.  If it is too tight, then it is not fitting correctly.  They should be supportive and comfortable, and definitely not "strangling" anything.  I recommend speaking with your physician to see if your appointment can be moved up, or at least to get instruction on how to proceed.

Camille Cash, MD