8 week post Mommy Makeover. When can I go horseback riding?

Right now I am 8 weeks post mommy makeover. Everything is healing as expected. I had a wonderful board certified plastic surgeon who did an amazing job. In 2 more weeks I have a trip to Puerto Rico booked and want to go horseback riding and zip lining. I am just now able to use my stomach muscles minimally so I'm hoping it will strengthen a bit more in 3 weeks. It's a horse ride for an hour or 2 along the beach. Could I partake in these activities without damaging anything?

Mommy makeover

So pleased everything has worked out for you. You should check with your PS but you should be fine. You may wish to consider wearing a support garment. 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Activity after mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  After 2 months, most people are able to have unrestricted activity after this type of surgery.  However, for very strenuous activity, it may take a bit longer and it also depends on your healing.  Be sure to check specifically with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Mommy make-over - when to go horse back riding

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I am  so glad you are healing so well from surgery and so pleased with your result.
  • You need to ask your own surgeon to be sure but -
  • If the horse riding is at a walk or slow trot along the beach, you have ridden before and it is an easy going horse - you should be able to walk.
  • Zip lining is a little different - because it uses the stomach muscles a lot. Before heading down hill on a zipline, try holding an overhead line for a while in advance - you should have no pai.
  • You do not want to discover going down hill that you had pain and can't hold on -
  • But in 3 weeks - almost 3 months after surgery, your surgeon is likely to say 'yes.'
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck drives the recovery

You would be pushing your luck with those activities I think.After tummy tuck surgery, I advise the patients to take two weeks off from work. The patients may return to work, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At two months, the patients start low impact cardio. At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. If you exercise or do some particular activity that results in pain or swelling you are doing too much for your personal recovery at that time.  Not everyone heals the same.  You need to make sure that you don’t cause more swelling.  Fighting the swelling or working through the pain will certainly backfire. I prefer the patients to stay in town for two weeks if they from more than 2-3 hours away.  I do not allow patients to fly before 2 to 3 weeks at the very minimum.

Post-Op Healing, Return to Full Activity

Healing after the #breastaugmentation and #tummytuck will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake.  I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  No lifting or straining.  At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks. As long as you are no longer feeling pain or discomfort you should be able to go horseback riding again. If you have any questions at all about your healing, you should not hesitate to see your surgeon in person.Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for question.At this point you should be able to return to all activities that you enjoy. Contact your surgeon to get his/her okay. Best wishes and enjoy your vacation!

Activity after mommy makeover

Hi and thanks for posting your question!You should touch base with your surgeon to run by your list of activities you'd like to enjoy. I typically allow my patients to really return to any activity they want at the 2 month mark. Have a great time on your vacation!

Rachel Streu, MD

Post Mommy Makeover

Glad to hear you have had a great experience.You should be able to return to normal activities but you should consult with your surgeon first.
Good luck!

Mommy Makeover - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent surgery. Most patients are cleared to exercise by six weeks following a mommy makeover.   It is best to have an in-person follow up examination with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck in your recovery.

8 Week Post Op Restrictions

Hello and thank you for reaching out. At this point in your healing, there should be no restrictions for any activity. You should be good to horseback ride, as well as zip lining. Typically for my patients there is no restriction after the 6 week mark. Double check with your surgeon to make sure. Best Wishes.