I have food and drug sensitivities, and some osteoarthritis. Am I a candidate for BA and TT?

CO - 61y.o. w/horrible breasts. My body is totally out of whack (fat torso w/thin arms, scrawny legs, no hips, small butt). After 55 my body has become steadily more freakish! I'd like a nice C cup. I have multiple drug & food sensitivities (dairy, soy, gluten) which cause eczema & muscle pain + some OA in my hands. Otherwise, I am fairly healthy. With my issues, is it likely that my body would reject implants? I also NEED a BBB=behemoth belly banish, a/k/a TT! (Dr. Vath in CO, are you there?)

Allergies / mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Your allergies would not prevent you from being able to have your surgery.  Be sure to be close to your ideal body weight to optimize your aesthetic results with a mommy makeover.  Good luck!

Typically food and drug allergies are not an issue, many people have them and those specific allergens should just be avoided.  From your pictures it looks like a breast lift, implants, and a tummy tuck (you possibly have a small umbilical hernia that could use a repair during the tummy tuck) look possible for you.  Visit with a few BC PS in your area to learn more.  Good luck

Am I a candidate for surgery

YOur food allergies will not interfere with surgical procedures, as long as you adhere to your diet and medications.  If you take steroids for your RA, this may prolong but will not inhibit wound healing.  Your body can be improved considerably with a breast lift + implants, and a liposuction assisted tummy tuck with muscle tightening and panniculectomy(escise the apron),  This will also improve groin hygiene..  You should discuss these procedures not only with your Plastic Surgeon, but with your internist/cardiologist or family doctor, to make sure you are in good health shape for these long procedures.  It is also imperative that you are not a smoker. Good luck!

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast cosmetic surgery, tummy tuck, food allergy

Thank you for your email. 1. You need to organise a detailed consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon with special interest in body contouring. He will assess you  for the suitability of your requested surgery. Once he is happy then he will send you for preanaesthetic assessment to deal with the issues you have raised. In general, food allergy does not contraindicate breast operation. I donot think that breast augmentation is a suitable operation as you possibly would need breast lift with or without breast implants. It would be a good idea to consider optimising your body mass index before any cosmetic surgery. 
With best wishes,

Shailesh Vadodaria, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Body makeover

All of what you're describing is possible.  You likely just need a little medical clearance beforehand.  Based on your body proportions, you may also want to get your cortisol checked and other hormones also.  Getting an in-office consult would be necessary to determine your BMI and goals, measurements, etc.

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over
  • I understand your concern.
  • Your photo suggests that a breast lift with an implant plus an extended tummy tuck with flank liposuction might be an excellent operation for you.
  • You appear to have considerable internal fat - have your surgeon explain what is a realistic expectation.
  • It will help you to know your BMI - you can find it on-line by search 'calculate BMI' and entering your height and weight.
  • If your BMI is under 30, you should have a good result 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Choosing the right surgeon to get the best outcome

The anesthesiologist needs to know about the allergies as they will affect which drugs they use.  You need medical clearance and a good surgeon.  The rest can be accomplished.

Patient Candidacy for BA and TT

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall. Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them. Abdominoplasty candidates have: excess abdominal skin which may sag, a disproportionate or protruding abdomen, weakened or separated abdominal muscles, excess fat concentrated in the abdomen. Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility.Candidates for #breastaugmentation and #breastlift  have had a pregnancy; her breasts have either just deflated, or the skin has been stretched from pregnancy, and or breastfeeding. They may be in a lower position than she would like. By doing the breast lift, we can tighten the breast, tighten the breast skin, and put it into a more youthful position. Another category include patients who have had weight loss through either diet or surgical procedure. Many women will have breast deflation with #weightloss leading to #drooping or #ptosis.It would be a good idea to have a surgery consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon to make sure that your food and drug sensitivities will not affect your specific desired procedures and results. There could be specific pre-procedure preparation treatment and post-op treatment to ensure that problems are avoided.