Is there a surgery to reduce the size of my arms?

My arms are very large in proportion to my body. They are not droopy at all, I'm actually 18. Anyways I have underarm fat and my arms are very large (mostly fat and muscle). It makes me not wear tank tops or go swimming. Are there any surgeries to help make them smaller?

Arm contouring

Thank you for your question.  Both Brachioplasty and liposuction are very successful and safe procedures when performed on the a good candidate.  While liposuction is great for volume removal, one has to be careful not to create redundant skin.  In many cases, liposuction can reduce volume while simultaneously removing skin.  This combination surgery will reduce the total circumference of the arm.  Of course, a detailed examination with your surgeon will provide the most valuable information.  It is difficult to give good insight without an exam or photos. good luck with your contouring.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction may be of benefit, but pictures or an exam would be helpful to make recommendations.

Treatment for fatty arms

Liposuction is usually the best treatment for reduction of the upper arm as long as there is not too much loose skin. In someone as you as you, the skin is usually young and tight enough to snap back after the removal of the fat. The procedure entails the injection of a numbing solution into the arms and the aspiration of the fat with small cannulas. The scars are small and hidden in creases of the elbow or underarm. Recovery is a few days of bruising and a few weeks of swelling.

Christine Hamori, MD

Arm Size Reduction

Liposuction could be a great option for you as it is great for volume removal if your problem is fat. Many times after lipo we see the skin form back to your body, if you have excess skin after you may need an arm lift. Liposuction may be the best first step, just keep in mind it will only remove fat not muscle.  It is difficult to tell what you are a good candidate for without photos. Best of luck!

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Reducing arm size.

Thank you for this question. You may need to have a combination of liposuction, weight loss and/or arm excess removal via an arm tuck or lift. Arm lift surgery will remove excess skin, but the results are better when the patient has achieved "deflation" of the arm after weight loss of a liposuction procedure. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a more specific answer on your case. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Reduce the size of my aerms

Hello and thank you for your question. If there is no sagging then you may well respond to liposuction if there is an appropriate amount which there probably is. If you have very large muscles and little fat then there is nothing that can be done.

Peter Fisher M.D.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon