Eyelids too big after upper blepharoplasty? (photos)

I had an upper blepharoplasty on both eyes a week ago; I had very little bruising (just yellow bruises under my eyes), but my eyelids are bigger are how more pronounced that than my eye sockets, making me look stoned or tired; I'm worried that my eyelids will stay this way. What can I do?

Lid swelling after upper eyelids

I agree with the other comments. At one week postop this is normal. Sometimes this can take as long as 6 weeks postop. Just keep an eye on it and I wouldn't be concerned until around 3 months postop of this didn't resolve.

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery

Hi, the reason your eyelids appear bigger after surgery is because of swelling. The eyelids are swollen and it can take several weeks for the swelling to go away.

Cameron Nabavi, MD
Columbus Oculoplastic Surgeon

Try to relax and let yourself heal.

It is perfectly normal to have swelling after eyelid surgery.  This does get better with time.  Try to be patient.  This will be much better week by week.  Typically by 3 weeks this settles down enough that most people will not be aware that you just had eyelid surgery.

Post upper lid bleph

For one week you look very good.  Not sure what the concern is.  Looks like a good height for the crease and natural looking fullness above it.  As the swelling goes down should look very good. YOu are very early in the healing phase.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon