Starting at a small 36A. I have selected 425cc moderate classic profile implants. About what size will I be?

My current bra size is a 36A (probably even a AA, but I've always worn a 36A bra without filling it fully). I'm scheduled to undergo a BA in December and I have selected 425cc moderate classic profile implants (mentor). I know that cc's don't equal cup sizes, but I'm curious to know if anyone can give me somewhat of an idea as to what I can expect regarding my end result cup size?

What size will I be?

This is an excellent question. Thank you. The 425 cc breast implant is a very popular size I use in my practice. It consistently delivers nice volume that patients perceive as just right - not too big or too small. You're breasts are very small now (AA) and I think you will feel like you've done enough to make a difference! However, every one is different in terms of their body appearance, so the best resource to tell you where you will be after this size, in terms of cup, is your plastic surgeon. My best guess would be somewhere between a C+ to a DD- cup. Best, Dr. ALDO

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast implants

A 36 A with 425 cc implants will likely put you into the D cup category after your surgery, although bras have no standard for cup sizes and in some you might be a C or in others a DD.

Read the link below and do the Rice test described in the link to see how 425cc will look on you. Cup size is hard to predict but a gross approximation is 150-200cc per cup size increase in the same style and manufacturer of bra that you currently wear.