9 days post 450cc high profile Mentor dual plane implants. 5'4" 120lbs. Right implant hasn't dropped, bump under armpit (Photo)

My right breast is making me discouraged... It hasnt dropped like my left one and is sticking into my armpit and causing discomfort. Does it look normal? Will it eventually drop like the left one has? Righty is higher and more narrow than Lefty since I woke up from surgery and I haven't noticed much change. My PS doesn't believe in massage or the band. He said just leave it alone. I'm just worried because it's so high in my armpit that it won't drop.

9 days post 450cc high profile Mentor dual plane implants. 5'4" 120lbs. Right implant hasn't dropped, bump under armpit

It is far too early for you to be concerned about her implants not dropping.  It is very normal for her to take up to 3 months for the implants to reach their final position.  CR plastic surgeon and ask if you may start breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a Bando to help encourage the implant to drop.

Too early to tell...

At only nine days after surgery, it's way too early to assess implant shape or position.  You are still swollen and the tissues are still tight.  You have to give it time, and let it all settle down.  This can take several months.  Hang in there!

Too early for it to drop!

Thanks so much for this question. The breast implants will not drop this soon. It will take time before the tissue stretches out to accommodate your new breast implants. The bump is your breast implant - the tissue up high and down low on the side of the breast has stretched nicely, but you have a section that looks tight - and this is normal. I suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon and learn techniques to help with the drop and fluff effect. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery (for example, capsulotomy surgery for an implant that is sitting too high) should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Result

Thank you for the question and sorry for your concern but you are still early post op and things may change.  That said I would be more proactive in getting the implants to drop by using a band.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD