Will microneedling with Hyaluronic acid or Vitamin C help thicken the skin and "plumping it" / add volume?

Please don't suggest fillers or surgery because I'm medically advised against either. My last option would be microneedling since I heard it could add some volume to the skin (my goal would be just 1 or 2 mm lift) Thank you very much.

Microneedling is a great skin care service

Microneedling has many benefits for anti-aging, improving skin's tone and texture to reducing fine lines and pore size.  We recommend a series of treatments a month apart, 3 to 6 depending on your skin needs.  This service can be performed with HA or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma).

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling to induce collagen

I would recommend microneedling with PRP for best results. Microneedling will induce collagen production leaving your skin plumped. You will not get the same lift as a dermal filler but continue doing your microneedling 4-6 weeks apart to really build and strengthen the skin. Best, Dr Faraz

Alternative Options for Collagen--Microneedling/prp, lasers, radiofrequency, ultrasound, sculptra

I recommend adding prp to microneedling in order to improve it's benefits for rebuilding collagen. Other alternatives would be: Sculptra, lasers, radiofrequency devices and ultrasound would be very useful to help rebuild your naturally lost collagen and get lifting and better texture and tone. I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Microneedling

Thank you for your question. Yes, micro-needling when done in a series of 3-6 treatments every 4-6 weeks apart will, in a fair amount of time, help "plump" up your skin. Micro-needling does stimulate collagen to help produce more collagen that is lost over time. When adding products with hyaluronic acid or vitamin C should further increase or "plump" the skin. Another treatment you may have heard of is a non-surgical procedure called Ulthera which stimulates collagen in your deeper skin layers to lift or tighten your skin. The combination of both allows for amazing results! Best wishes!

David Stoker, MD