Had microneedling 2 days ago. Extreme swelling and itching. I am more concerned with swelling. Is this normal?

Microneedling Swelling and Itching

Thank you for question. It is difficult to give you an answer without any photos. However, it is common to have some itchiness, redness and swelling after microneedling treatment. If you still have concerns follow up with your treating physician. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Microneedling

Micro-needling is performed at my practice and the patients are red and swollen post treatment. I would suggest going to see your Dr. who performed the procedure since it is "extreme" swelling and itching that you describe. Without a picture, it's difficult to guess the severity. Swelling, itching, and redness is typical for a few days but is always best to see your Dr. to be sure. Good luck!

David Stoker, MD

Microneedling- Swelling and Itching

Hello and thank you for your question. Itching and swelling, along with redness and are common after a microneedling treatment. I would always recommend microneedling be done with PRP for best results and quicker healing. By day 3 the swelling and itching should start to decrease. It is hard to determine exactly what your experiencing without photos. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Microneedling Swelling and Itching

Thanks for your question!  Swelling and itching can be common after a deep microneedling treatment, along with redness and blotchiness.  Without photos, it is hard to tell if you're swelling is normal.  I would recommend following up with your physician.  Best of luck!

Knowing What to Expect--Microneedling--add prp

This is tough to answer without pictures to determine if what you're experiencing isn't typical. However, it is very common to have itching, redness and even some swelling after microneedling for a few days and this is due to inflammation and histamine release. I do recommend doing microneedling with prp for best results. If you remain concerned, contact your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer