Do I need a chin implant or fat removal, or both? (photos)

I'm no doctor but my opinion is that because my chin is behind my lips, the fat in my face is less spread out, causing me to have chipmunk like cheeks when I smile. My body is very lean and my face is not on the same page. I would very much so like my face to be better balanced in proportion and to have a more angular lower half. What is right for me?

Do I need a chin implant or fat removal, or both?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak but there is not much, if any, excess fat under the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about placement of a chin implant, since the implant and the mandible are both three-dimensional structures. From the limited photographs, it appears that there is a mild recessive chin present for which a chin implant can improve. Best to leave the cheeks alone. For more information about chin implants including diagrams  and many before-and-after results, please see the link and the video below

Chin implant/lipo

You should have a picture with your upper face included. With what you give, a conclusive decision cannot be reached. I doubt that you need a liposuction.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation?

It seems that chin augmentation and vertical lengthening  with implant would be a good solution for you. I do not think that you need a liposuction of the neck.

You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial implants for clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

The photos are not really adequate to accurately assess your face. It looks like you may benefit from a chin implant or chin advancement.