Can a sliding genioplasty be partially "undone" (slid back the other way) safely?

I had a sliding genioplasty operation where my chin was reduced vertically and pushed backwards horizontally and fixed with a screw. However, while I like how it's shorter vertically, my chin looked much better when it protruded more. Is there a possibility that I can make it protrude a bit more than it does now with a sliding genioplasty again? If yes, is there a possibility of making it even shorter slightly at the same time? I don't want an implant in my face or anything fake.

Sliding genioplasty redone

It is possible to perform a second surgery on the chin to improve aesthetics. I would perform a CT scan of the chin bone to evaluate the previous surgery. There needs to be adequate bone support to allow bone to bone healing. I know that you expressed reluctance to have an implant, but in this case, if all you are seeking is more protrusion a chin implant is the easiest solution. It can be placed through an oral incision and there is minimal recovery time. Good luck!

Redo genioplasty

There should be no problem to do sliding genioplasty again. It would be in your best interest  to discuss this with a surgeon who performed your initial surgery, if possible. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sliding Genioplasty Reversal

A sliding geniplasty can be partially or fully undone. Now that you know how the bony movements have effected your chin shape, you will have a better understanding as to how to create a partial reversal. Moving the chin horizontally back, as you have discovered, rarely produces a favorable aesthetic change.