Chin Implant stitches still there, will they go away?

I had a chin implant 1.5 months ago and although the external stitches were taken out 7 days post op, I still feel the stitches under the skin. My incision was made externally not orally. Are these sutures Permanent or will they eventually go away? It feels really hard under my chin and it's really starting to bother me. I can't get a hold of my surgeon to ask.

Internal suture exposure under chin

It is normal to have internal sutures poke through the skin and not get absorbed. Once you feel the suture, this means that it is exposed and thus will not be able to be reabsorbed. Once this occurs, you are committed to having them pulled out for relief.