Is tip rhinoplasty a good option for me?

My biggest insecurity is my bulbous tip nose. I heard tip rhinoplasty was slightly more affordable and I wanted to see if I would be a good candidate for that. Also how much would you charge for a tip rhinoplasty?

Tip rhinoplasty

Dear emilym517,

• If a surgery takes a shorter amount of time, then it would be less expensive overall
  • The price of a rhinoplasty depends on the surgeon, experience, expertise and which area you are in
  • In New Jersey, visit Dr. Robert Glasgold at the Glasgold Group (they are near Rutgers)
  • You can find average prices on RealSelf

Dr. Nima

Rhinoplasty should make a nice improvement...

Basically, you have some imbalance between the nice bridge of your nose and the wider tip. Rhinoplasty can reshape the tip to make it appear thinner and you appear to be a good candidate for that. Cost will vary from place to place but may average around $7000.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Rhinoplasty

Dear EmilyM517,

A tip rhinoplasty can certainly make the tip more defined (and refined). You should see a facial plastic surgeon who is also an ears, nose and throat doctor, to be sure that there is enough tip support and that the nasal valves are working properly.  Otherwise, a cosmetic procedure to the tip could inadvertently result in a breathing disorder post-operatively.

Dr. Michelle Yagoda

Michelle R. Yagoda, MD

Correction of the Bulbous Tip

Yes, tip rhinoplasty would be an excellent procedure to provide enhancement to your face.   The heaviness of the nasal tip makes this portion of your nose the focal point of your face.  Tip rhinoplasty alone will help to dramatically improve the overall appearance of your nose and face.  Tip rhinoplasty would allow the nose to be in better balance with the rest of the facial features.  Typical cost for tip rhinoplasty begins $5000, although a consultation is needed to assess the nose for a more accurate quote.  I am located in the Cherry Hill area and have provided a link below.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes we can just do a tip rhinoplasty but the nose needs to look balanced

From your photos, your tip is fairly full. I find that computer imaging with Vectra 3-D is very helpful in determoing if a tip plasty alone would give a nice result. Sometimes the entire nose needs to be addressed to get a balanced attractive result. You should be careful about shopping by price. You have one nose and should seek a specialist in rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

Yes, it does look like you could benefit from a tip rhinoplasty. These are often done using an open technique and can be very rewarding.

Tip rhinoplasty or full rhinoplasty?

Though your nasal bones probably will not need to be broken you still need a full rhinoplasty to not only do the tip but also the midportion of the nose. I need to see better photographs of the head to give you a more proper answer. I will caution you to get a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because of your very, very thin skin. 

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip rhinoplasty versus full rhinoplasty

Yes, a tip rhinoplasty can be accomplished , but it is only a partial rhinoplasty which may look like just that. Most patients require a full rhinoplasty even though only the tip is the big issue. The reason for this is to make sure that all the components of the nose balance with each other, and and the new nose balances with your facial features in a 3-dimensional fashion.

Tip plasty alone

As others here have said, that a full in person evaluation is needed to make that decision. The bulbous tip is obvious. However once the large lateral crura of the alar cartilages are reduced, it may open other issues that need to be dealt with.
As you may now know,  prices vary widely. Another reason to seek a consultation.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon