Bumped nose 6 weeks after Rhinoplasty

Hi, last night, my boyfriend rolled over in his sleep and bumped me on my nose. It didn't really hurt, just startled me and woke me up. I am 6 weeks post op (Rhinoplasty) and I am paranoid he did something. I am not swollen at all but what are the odds of this effecting my result? I have been so careful during my recovery and I hope this won't mess up anything. Thank you.

A slight bump on the nose won't hurt Rhinoplasty results

A slight bump on your nose shouldn't adversely affect your rhinoplasty results. Now, if he's really banged you and it hurt like a mother, maybe, but based on your description, you should be fine. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma following rhinoplasty

I think that I receive at least one call a week from a patient who inadvertently bumped their nose following rhinoplasty surgery.  There are certainly injuries that can disrupt your surgical result, but for the most part, after a couple of weeks, a bump to the nose should not cause any significant injury to a previously operated nose.  Obviously, contact your surgeon for some reassurance.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative trauma

Mild trauma to the nose does not lead to any significant changes in the nasal shape or function.  However, if you see any deformity of the nose you must see you surgeon.

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bumped nose

At 6 weeks out and without any visible change after this bump, you are fine. You can always see your surgeon for an in-person check-up if you are concerned you see a change or just need some additional reassurance.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Light trauma to nose

It is unlikely that a light tap on your nose caused any significant trauma. If you are concerned, you should check with your surgeon.

6 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal trauma after rhinoplasty

I am so sorry to hear about what happened waffle123! I hope you are not in too much pain. Close follow up and seeing your plastic surgeon in the office can help make sure that things are still okay. If osteotomies were performed, trauma to the nose can cause things to shift. Six weeks out from surgery you may still be swollen and things are still healing. Best, MMT

Contact Your PS

Your best option to be calmed down is to call your doctor and let him know. He will check on you.

Good luck