Is 385cc a good size? (Photo)

In about 1 week I'm getting 385cc high profile under breast implants.I'm 5" 5,112lbs.bwd is 12.5cm.I read on here women getting 385cc HP implants with bwd of 10.5.my surgeon wouldn't even let me get 415cc.any last minute advice before I make the biggest decision ever. I'm really curious to what size I may be close to with the 385cc implant.I was told to buy sports bras but have no clue what size to get.

What size will you be

You'd have to talk to your surgeon about the best size for you.  I'd say that most likely your size after implants would be a Full B or Small C cup.  Your size will be the volume of breast tissue you already have with the volume of the implants.  However, there is no standardization in  the bra industry so you'll have to try them on for sizing.  I would say that you could by a B or C cup sports bra to have for post surgery compression.  Best wishes.

Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

385cc implants

Thanks for posting your question.  Your surgeon will be the best source of advice whether to choose 385 vs 415cc implants.  I hope your procedure goes well.

Picking the right implants

Hi and thank you for the question.  In order to pick the right implants for you, we have to understand your goals and do a thorough examination. Choosing the right implants is very much determined by your anatomy. One thing to consider  is to find a practice that uses the Vectra 3-D imaging system. We use this software to show our patients what they would look like with any size or style implant. Good luck to you. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Implant Size

Breast size is a personal decision.  If you were to try on some implants in the surgeons office, you can see what the approximate appearance in the mirror will be after surgery.  I use imaging in my practice to give a rendering for the patient on how they will look without clothing on.  Other criteria on the size will be dictated by the width of your chest, and even an aggressive approach to size will be restricted by the chest width.  Have your surgeon and his/her staff review sizing with you again.  Good luck!

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size.

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "good size" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.