Breast implants with large natural breast? (photos)

I am naturally a 32 dd but want more fullness in my breast. They sag a little and I want the look of breast implants to help with the sagging. Is it possible to get breast implants one cup size larger? I don't want them too big. Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?

Fullness in large breasts

Great question!  Many women with large breasts complain about lack of fullness to the upper portion of the breast with associated sagging.  This is because over time, the weight of large breasts causes the skin to stretch a bit with most of the volume ending up lower part, which causes the volume of the upper portion to be deficient.  This could all be fixed with a breast lift, which would reposition your breast tissue higher while removing the excess skin, creating a perkier and fuller appearance.  If you desire to be slightly larger, then adding an implant will achieve more volume.  Sagging breasts are usually only correctable with some type of lift.

Best of luck and hope this information helps!

- Dr. Roger Tsai  

Beverly Hills Physician

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your photo. Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell whether a lift, implant, or both is best to help achieve more fullness and less sagging in your breasts from the photo alone. It is best to have an in-office examination to determine what  can be done to enhance your breasts. Breast implants and breast lifts will have different scars and very different effects on your breast volume, shape, and nipple position. Implants can give you more of that "fullness on top" but your nipples may sit too low on your breast and it could look unnatural. A lift helps brings your nipple and breast tissue into a higher position, but will not add any volume to your breast. Combining the procedures can be done at the same time or in separate procedures if unsure. Both procedures require precise measurements to be taken to determine the best treatment plan. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Implants for large breasts

Yes, your breasts are sagging somewhat and implants can give you the appearance of larger breasts, however, you later may need a breast lift in the future.

Find the right surgeon to decide if you're a good candidate for a BA

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast augmentation versus breast augmentation with lift

Whether you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation or breast augmentation with a lift is based on your preference on where you want your implants and resulting breast mound be located; right now, your breasts are sitting on your upper abdomen; with a lift you may move your breasts onto your chest, a more desired location. The difference is that you will have upper pole fullness and medial cleavage without a bra if you get a lift; in contrast, with a breast augmentation only, you will only have upper pole fullness when in a bra.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast implants with large natural breast?

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or the type, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, Californi

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would most benefit from a lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast implants not for sagging

you certainly can get breast implants to improve the volume in your breast and go only one cup larger as your say, but I think that without an actual lift, you will be disappointed ultimately. Breast implants will simply make your breasts larger, and I think it is a myth that implants will help with sag. In fact, it can even accelerate sag. Depending on the projection of implants you choose, you may be able to get away with a simple periareolar (donut) lift however. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Lift

Thank you for the photos.  Although it is difficult to assess from the photos, it does appear as though you would require a lift.  A lift will get rid of the "sagging" that is bothering you.  An implant will not get rid of the sagging it self but will give you more upper pole fullness which will help with the appearance of your breast.  At times a breast reduction can be done by removing some of the breast tissue in addition to performing a lift and placement of implant.  That way you don't have to be too much bigger but can get the benefit of the fullness in the upper part of the breast.

Hope that helps.  Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to be fully evaluated.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast Lift

Hello and thank you for sharing your photo. To help with the sagging, a breast lift is highly recommended. A combination of breast lift and implant can also be achieved for volume and projection that you want. Results vary depending on the quality of skin/ soft tissue, the dimensions of your breast, and your unique anatomy. Please consult with a board-certified surgeon. I wish you all the best!

Peter Newen, MD