Can bending over frequently 1 week post-op hinder fat survival results after a BBL?

I am a week post op and feel so much better than expected. I am active and walking around the house whenever possible and take breaks throughout the day. Will bending over often (i.e. To pick things up off the floor) hinder the results to my BBL? Does bending over cause pressure to the buttocks? I am no longer taking pain medication and have finished all antibiotics. Thank you for any and all answers

BBL

Bending over should not affect the survival of the grafted fat. Direct pressure on the buttocks is what will affect this. It isn’t recommend to sit directly on your butt for at least 3 weeks post op for optimal fat survival.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. for you to be bending does not affect your bbl results. Remember to use your boopy pillow 24/7 from your procedure.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Bending over one week after a Brazilian butt lift.

One week after a BBL you may walk around and bend over, but I recomend you do as little as possible for almost two weeks, then resume previous activity. You may feel fine, and I'm glad to see you are no longer on pain meds, but please take it easy. Even if the pressure you feel when bending over isn't harming you, I see no disadvantage to taking it easy. 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

BBL

I  do not think bending over should be a problem after a brazilian buttock lift. The key issues is sitting. this should be avoided for several weeks.

Bending over after BBL

Thank you for your question and I'm glad to hear your recovery is going so well. Bending over should not cause any change in the fat survival after your surgery. Be sure to check with your plastic surgeon regarding any specific restrictions they may have. Best, Dr.. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

In my experience, bending over has not caused decreased fat survival.  You should always contact your surgeon about postoperative instructions.  I make myself available to my patients  by email and phone both before and after surgery.