Is it legal in the states (UNITED STATES) for a doctor to perform a BBL and Tummy Tuck at the same time?

I've been talking to 2 surgery coordinators at 2 different cosmetic surgery facilities in Miami and at one place I was told the surgeon cant perform those 2 procedures at the same time. The other place told me it's common for it to be done together. I know In the Dominican Republic they both can be done but not in the states

Is it legal and safe to perform a BBL and Tummy Tuck at the same time?

Absolutely! Most patients are great candidates for this, and I make this decision based on several factors.  It is important to be in good health, have adequate time and support for recovery, the areas of lipocontouring (liposuction) and extent of the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), and also the areas and amount of fat grafting anticipated to give you the amazing contour size and shape you are looking for, with a tight tummy of course!

The demand and popularity for buttock enhancement procedures in my practice is extremely common.  It’s allowed me to perfect my technique over the years so that I produce safe, reliable and long-lasting results that will age well with my patients whether it’s using fat only, gummy bear butt implants only, or both.  In the end, it’s important to choose whatever means necessary to achieve your desired goals for size, but more importantly shape!

My patients generally seek to have a perky or curvaceous butt that is shapely, whether they are full-figured and voluptuous or shredded fitness types, and everything in the middle.  If you were gifted with a flat or shapeless butt or acquired it over the years, consider a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does all 3 major types of enhancements to understand all your options. Generally speaking, smaller frames with limited excess fat can utilize a combination approach nicely with gummy bear butt implants and fat grafting for an improved silhouette.

It’s important to understand that the terms relating to buttock enhancement are not as important as what your specifically tailored plan entails. Often the words Buttock Augmentation, Butt Lift, Brazilian Butt Lift, Buttock Fat Grafting, Buttock Reshaping and so on are used interchangeably.  Get a consultation so that you can best understand what will help you achieve a sexier you. Good Luck!

Brazillian Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck at the same time.

There is no law as to whether these two procedures can be done at the same time. The reason that many surgeons like to stage these procedures, myself included, is that you want to keep pressure off both sites for proper healing. If you have done a tummy tuck- then you would spend time on your back in a bent beachchair position- this would place pressure on your butt.  Whereas if you had a Brazilian butt lift- you would want to sleep and lay on your abdomen.  

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Combination Surgery

Yes.  I do this combination frequently.  There aren't laws against it.  Some surgeons choose not to do this combination for a variety of reasons (difficulty with postoperative positioning is often mentioned but this is easily overcome), but this combination can be done safely with excellent results.

Dr Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

BBL or Tummy Tuck first??

Thank you for your question. It is very common to have a tummy tuck and a BBL at the same time. There are variations to this surgery; the technique selected is dependent on the degree of correction necessary to achieve a flatter profile and firmer abdomen. Liposuction with a BBL may be used in conjunction with a tummy tuck or to re-contour other areas of the body by removing localized excess fat deposits. Each case is evaluated on an individual basis. I have my patients who have combined procedures to place all their weight on the thighs and not the buttocks with a pillow under the buttocks. Also, my patients can lay on their sides. Next step for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes

BBL & TT

Yes, it is legal but I do not recommend it. You would have to find a doctor willing to combine them during one procedure and be willing to follow their aftercare instructions as the recovery will be more intense than staging them. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

At my Practice i don't perform those two procedure at the same time.  Remember when you do a BBL you cant lay on your back for 2 weeks and when you do a Tummy Tuck you cant lay on your front.    The patient should know that when procedures are combined especially when it includes liposuction the complication rate goes up tremendously.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Lipo bb/l tummy tuck

Yes it can safely be done,I do it frequently and there aren't any laws against it,consult carefully with a board certified PS,best of luck

It is legal to perform both procedures at the same time.  However, the recovery is more difficult and complicated. Staging the two procedures is recommended. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. A patient can safely do bbl with tummy tuck and lipo at the same time without any problem, besides that you have to perform the procedure with a board certified plastic surgeon

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implantss

I appreciate your question.

Yes these procedures can be performed together.  However, I do not recommend and advise that you stage them for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon