Are any of the risks of CoolSculpting greater for a patient who has a connective tissue disorder like Ehlers Danlos?

Coolsculpting and Ehlers Danlos

Unfortunately there is no safety information from Coolsculpting in regards to treating patients with connective tissue disorders. With Ehlers Danlos, most patient have translucent skin, skin hyperelasticity and can bruise easy. This may cause issues with the suctioning portion of the treatment, which may not allow for the treatment to be completed. As always, a consult with an experienced clinician is warranted, to see if other options are available  to achieve your desired outcome.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Connective Tissue Disease Like Ehlers Danlos

I suggest seeing an expert.  Coolsculpting has no risk for patients with connective tissue diseases like ehlers danlos.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSCulpt and Ehlers Danlos

Thanks you for your question regarding safety of Coolsculpt and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  The manufacturer doesn't offer any safety information regarding the procedure being performed on people who have this disorder, but since skin in Ehlors Danlos patients tends to be more delicate, I would be concerned that the suction required to draw skin and subcutaneous fat into the cooling chamber might cause an injury to the skin that might not occur in other people.  You might consider looking into one of the other non-invasive fat reduction technologies like SculpSure.

Isaac Starker, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon