Coolsculpting and fraxel laser stretch mark treatment at same time? (Photo)

I'm a male with red stretch marks on my love handles and flanks due to being overweight. I've lost weight and I'm getting laser resurfacing to reduce their appearance. I also want to get cool sculpting done on my abs and sides to help tone and help me with prevention. I am at or near my target weight. Is it ok to get laser resurfacing done while cool sculpting? I know both require healing time. I wouldn't be getting them done back to back but I'm the same month or so.

Having CoolSculpting and treating stretch marks

Dear Change112:Having CoolSculpting and laser resurfacing for stretch marks in the same month is perfectly acceptable. The first treatment affects the subcutaneous fat with no changes in the overlying skin, and the second affects the dermis and epidermis much higher, in the skin. For what it is worth, I have found that Microneedling with PRP gives the best results for stretch marks. You may wish to be applying Alastin and a cream with growth factors such as Regenica or SkinMedica to augment the response, as well as a topical retinoid.  All the best,  Dr. Clark

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Coolsculpting and Fraxel

Congratulations on your weight loss! There should be no problem doing both treatments within the same month.  I would recommend the Coolsculpting first and follow it with Fraxel because it wouldn't be wise to place the Coolsculpting applicator on an area that is still healing or newly treated.  If you have any temporary numbness after Coolsculpting, that will just be more comfortable when you do Fraxel.  Best of luck!

Coolsculpting and Fraxel

Coolsculpting and fraxel laser stretch mark treatment

I would suggest waiting until after CoolSculpting to have laser resurfacing done. CoolSculpting will reduce fat, while laser resurfacing will diminish stretch  marks. It would be best to remove the fat, and do resurfacing afterwards in the event you would like to tone up skin after the fat is removed from underneath it.

CoolSculpting and Fraxel laser stretch mark treatment

It should be fine to do both treatments within the same month.  I normally would have patients wait at least two to four weeks in between treatments just to be safe, but each office may have different protocols. We also have done microneedling with PRP to treat stretch marks, but you would want to give that time to heal before doing other treatments.  

Laser and Coolsculpting

Great job on the weight loss! Having coolsculpting and laser treatment done within the same month is ok to do as they are working on different portions of the body. Also you will need to allow time for each of the areas to heal. I would check with my clinician on their specific standard operating procedure to ensure proper healing and care.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser and Coolsculpting

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and fraxel laser stretch mark treatment at same time?

Thank you for your question. It should be fine, as long as you allow yourself healing time. I would also recommend checking with your provider as every physician has their own protocols. Ensure that you see a physician with expertise in CoolSculpting.
Regards,

Regards,