How long before results with Coolsculpting?

I had a treatment on each upper arm one month ago, and I don't really see a difference. I have another treatment on each arm in a month from now. Will these four "cycles" actually make a difference in the way my upper arms look? How long before I see the full results?

CoolSculpting - Expected Results Timeline

CoolSculpting can take anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks to see the results. Sometimes, these results are more gradual, thus, you may notice not them as they are occurring. We have patients return 8 weeks after their last treatment and use a 3D camera to show results because we can see the treatment area from every angle and compare before and after.  We recommend scheduling a follow up with your physician 8 weeks after treatment to determine the next course of action.

Oak Brook Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting technology involves crystallizing fat cells so that they can be naturally filtered from your body for good. Most patients see results after 1-3 months, but it does take the body 3-4 months to completely eliminate the treated fat cells. As CoolSculpting reduces fat in treated areas by 25% incrementally, multiple sessions are sometimes needed for a patient to achieve their personal aesthetic goal. In the next couple months, you should see a gradual reduction in thickness of your upper arms and even more with additional cycles. Consult your board-certified plastic surgeon and CoolSculpting provider regarding any questions or concerns following your procedure. Good luck!

Tom S. Liu, MD, MBA
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

It will take a little time to see a final CoolSculpting result.  Most of our patients report changes beginning at about a month. These continue to improve and we see the most change at about 3 months. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Results

Patients  can start to see results in as little as three to four weeks but patients usually start to see the full result by three months post treatment. I would give it some more time, i have seen great results with treatments to the upper arms. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Time frame for results

Patients tend to see results in early as 4 weeks while others don't see results until the 3 month period that is required for the full process to take effect. Every patient responds differently to this treatment. If you are retreating in the same area, you can do so as soon as 30 days after the initial treatment and you would then have an additional 90 days to see the full effect. It is a slower process but worth the patience. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Results after Coolsculpting

While full results are not expected for months after treatment, you should be able to see visible change after six weeks. Request a recheck appointment with your treating physician to compare the photos taken prior to treatment with your current status. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting the arms

After one month you should start to see a difference for most Coolsculpting treatments. Final results won't be apparent for 3 months.  It's impossible to say without seeing you if 2, 4, or any number of treatments will help your arms.  Our patients are very pleased with the results from Coolsculpting on the arms, but often patients need two treatments for optimal results.  

Grant Stevens, MD

Cool Sculpting Results

Dear Jenna, Patient can start to see changes in a month but we do all our follow up photos and pass our judgment on the results at month 3. You should allow more time to see full benefit. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

More time for results

A:  Some people will see results as soon as 3 weeks, but most people will not see the full benefits until 3 months.  If more than one treatment cycle is needed, you would need to wait 3 months after that one as well.  If you know you will need more than one cycle for the area, retreating at 2 months can help speed things up!  Hang in there.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon