If I didn't experience a cold sensation during CoolSculpting, is that okay?

I had coolscultping done yesterday, as I'm reading "what to expect" articles Im finding so many of them mention feeling a cold sensation during the start of the procedure- i didn't have that. The wet pad they put on before they attach the device was cold but that was it. Is this okay? I know everyone reacts differently and I did feel intense vacuum like sensation that felt better within 5ish minutes. I think Im a little nervous because it wasn't cold for me and hoping there wasn't human error

Not everyone has the same experience during CoolSculpting®.

As is true with many cosmetic treatments, not everyone has the same exact experience. The cooling process will affect different people in different ways, so while some feel a cooling sensation, others describe it as burning or tingly. Others, like yourself, describe feeling nothing at all besides the suctioning effect. As long as you chose a highly qualified practitioner to deliver your treatment, there should be no problem. The machine used during CoolSculpting® has built-in temperature monitors to ensure that the treatment is being performed at the optimal temperature to freeze and kill the fat cells. Again, how your skin and nerves react to that temperature can vary.

CoolSculpting Certified

Every patient experiences different sensations during their treatment. As long as the provider is CoolSculpting certified and under the care of a physician there should be nothing to worry about!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Cold during CoolSculpting

As long as the treatment was performed by a certified practice then I'm sure you are ok. Many patients have different experiences.

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

No cold sensation during Coolsculpting

Your experience sounds within typical experience. Many patients will not feel cold during treatment, and not realize how cold the machine gets until he or she touches his or her skin post treatment. If the treatment was performed at a Certified Coolsculpting Practice under the direction of a Board Certified physician then you should do well. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting and Costs versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

If the applicator was placed properly and done by an expert there should be no reason you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Not a problem

As long as the machine said the treatment was fine, then it was fine.  The applicators have sensors to ensure optimal temperature.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Treatment

Everyone has different reactions to the CoolSculpting treatment.  It is fine if you didn't feel the cold sensation because the machine monitors the entire treatment.  I've had patients who do not feel it to patients who feel a cold/burning sensation.  As long as the machine did not have any problems during your treatment, there is nothing to worry about.  Feeling better and going somewhat numb after the treatment is turned on is a result of the cooling.   

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Coolsculpt

Just because you didn't "feel" the cold, doesn't mean you didn't get the "cold". The device monitors the temperature and would have sounded an alarm had it not achieved the desired temperature. You most likely became numb shortly after the moist pad was placed, and you didn't notice the cold.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question Patients have described the "cold" feeling as their skin feeling only slightly cooler. If you are concerned, it would be best to speak to your provider as he/she would know more about your procedure. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD