Pseudo gynecomastia lipo?

Had lipo for pseudo gynacomastia 4 months ago. There is no difference at all. Can someone tell me that if I had lipo to the aeriola and lower breasts should I have experienced pain numbness swelling and bruising as I had none of these at all. Thanks

Numbness After Male Breast Reduction and Liposuction

It is normal to experience numbness around the areola and chest. As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Typically there is numbness, swelling, and bruising associated with the liposuction procedure.  However, the extent of these depends on the aggressiveness of liposuction and the exact type/technique that is used.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Gynecomastia versus Pseudogynecomastia

Hi ant211171,

Thanks for your question. Its hard to speak about differences based on the lack of photos. If you did have surgery to the areas described there should have been some pain. Numbness depends on whether nerves were cut or overstretched. If the tumescence was good then bruising should have been non-existent.  Sometimes after liposuction is done, you can have a seroma or fluid build up that occurs after that may make it seem like nothing was done. This should have been discussed by your surgeon. If no difference exist then you will likely need a revision. Compression afterwards is the key to a successful gynecomastia or pseudogynecomastia outcome. Talk with your surgeon. They can answer these questions a lot better since they know exactly what was done.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Carlos Mata M.D., M.B.A, FACS

Swelling post lipo

Thank you for the question and without photos or an examination it is difficult to comment other then to say bring your concerns to the attention of your surgeon or get a second opinon from other experts in the area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia or Pseudogynecomastia

It would be great to have before and after pictures to actual see if any difference is noted. In general if you have true gynecomastia with a pseudogynecomastia component you will not have the gynecomastia corrected by liposuction alone. This will be notable once the swelling of the surgery subsides. In my practice we take pictures of the aspirate and the tissue removed.

Hope that helps.

Take care!

Pseudogynecomastia lipo?

It's difficult to give any helpful answers without photos.  Speak with your surgeon about your concerns. They will be able to give you the most helpful answers regarding the procedure they performed and the level improvement that you should expect.

Liposuction and gynecomastia

Liposuction can be an excellent treatment for men with fatty chests. Details about your surgery specifically should be addressed by your surgeon.

Lipo pseudogynecomastia

No way for me to help you without more information. You are right that there should be pain and discomfort after the numbness wears off from the tumescent solution that we typically use for the liposuction, but I cannot tell you why you didn't without more information and even photos to show what you are referring to.  Pseudo gynecomastia is mostly fat..but How do you know it was just fat? Maybe you have gynecomastia that was misdiagnosed and then inadequately corrected? Not sure.  Good luck but talk to your plastic surgeon and get some of your questions answered directly.
Thanks
Dr Vasisht
South Jersey Plastic Surgeon.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Hard to give you much help without before and after photos

i find liposuction and Smartlipo are not very helpful for gynecomastia or pseudo-gynecomastia unless it is very minor. i have had much better results excise the tissues in the OR. the scar is hidden on the lower half of the areolar.

you need to go back and speak with your PS.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Pseudo Gynecomastia

Hi ant211171,
Thanks for the post. Pseudogynecomastia means that the cause of your fuller chest was due to excess fatty tissue and not excess glandular tissue. It is difficult to answer why you had no difference especially given that you have not posted any before photos or after photos in addition to not being able to exam you. Perhaps you do have excess breast tissue. It would be difficult to give you any more detailed answers without knowing what you looked like before and examining you.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD