I used to take Magnesium and vitamin D before my hair transplant. Can I take them again after my surgery?

I was taking magnesium daily and vitamin D weekly before my hair transplant. I stop one week before. Can I take them back again normally?

Always ask your doctor for mediation and post surgical questions. Your doctor knows you better than strangers on the Internet.

Always ask your doctor for mediation and post surgical questions.  Your doctor knows you better than strangers on the Internet.  In general you can take supplements.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Ask your doctor to draw blood for your magnesium and Vitamin D levels. This is the only way to determine your current status and what your current needs are. too much or too little is not healthy for your hair. We routinely run vitamin D levels on our patients and have found that a large percentage of our patients are chronically low. (

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Magnesium daily and vitamin D

After your hair transplant you can use magnesium daily and vitamin D with no risk at all.  I take both and so do many of my patients

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

When can you resume supplements after a hair transplant

You should be able to resume supplements immediately following a hair transplant provided they do not interfere with hair growth or cause hair loss.  You can certainly resume magnesium and Vitamin D immediately after your hair transplant.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon