Leg hair and arm hair transplant? (Photo)

Hello doctor. I've had three hair transplant already. In doing so my hair from the side and back Of my head is very light. I've also had some beard hair transplant to my head. I was wondering if you can transplant leg hair or arm hair to the head. I need coverage to the front of my head forehead and middle of my head. Please could you tell me if this is possible.

Leg hair and arm hair transplant?

Greetings Thank you for your question. We always prepare to take the hair from patients Donor area and not any other part of the body.Organic Hair Transplantation‚ÄĚ is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. .To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Leg hair and arm hair may be used as donor hair in theory but in practical terms it will likely cause scarring and give you litt

Leg hair and arm hair may be used as donor hair in theory but in practical terms it will likely cause scarring and give you little benefit.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Leg and arm transplant

In my practice leg and arm hair very rarely add much density. The success rate of grafts also tends to be significantly lower. Chest hair is the next step once the donor site on the scalp and beard has been exhausted. Even then the results are not comparable to the scalp.

Leg and arm hair transplant as donor area

This can be done but such transplants do not work well because the growth phase of leg and arm hair is very short and the hairs that grow will not grow to any significant length. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon