Constipation after hair transplant. Any suggestions ?

Hi, while I never thought much about it at the time, back at about 7 days post op (maybe 5 days, but I think 7), I had pretty bad constipation caused by taking tramadol. I never bashed my head or anything, but I definitely struggled and strained while trying to use the bathroom. Can this affect the grafts in anyway? My surgeon said it's fine, but I think paranoia is getting the best of me. Thank you.

Constipation or staining to have a bowel movement will not damage your transplanted hair grafts.

Constipation or staining to have a bowel movement will not damage your transplanted hair grafts.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Constipation after hair transplant

Constipation is caused by various medications used to treat pain after a hair transplant. This is probably what you need to address i.e. stop using pain medications. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon