Please help me find a PS in Texas who is familiar with treating lipedema? (Photos)

I have tree trunk legs and understand it is due to a medical condition called lipedema (not lymphedema). I weigh 130 pounds. My legs don't match my body and although I have always had cosmetic issues with my legs beginning in puberty, it seems they are now becoming painful and swollen in my 40's. I have read that lymph sparing water assisted liposuction has been effective in treating this disorder. Can anyone help me?

Treating lipedema

Thanks for your inquiry. Before choosing a surgeon make sure they are American Board of Plastic Surgery certified, and by the way there are many great plastic surgeon in the Austin area..  Next, you need to call the surgeon's office and find out if they do circumferential lower extremity liposuction, not all surgeons do.  Then see some of there before and after results that may look like you.  Finally, the risks of this procedure do include contour abnormality and loose skin-make sure you are aware of all the risks and best of luck.   

Liposuction

I agree with the previous posts. It is most important to examined. I have treated patients with lipedema in the past. It is important to have the correct diagnosis after a review if you medical history and physical exam. 

Liposuction - Finding A Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your liposuction. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in cosmetic body procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see which surgeon you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

Treating lipedema

Thank you for your question.  Be sure that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced with liposuction techniques.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS