Is there any doctor in the Louisville, KY area that treats Lipedema patients?

My ankles are very swollen, hurts to walk, I get severe leg cramps at night, can't sleep and ny ankles itch very bad

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction for Lipedema

You are likely a candidate for VASER hi definition contouring liposuction. This area needs a very well trained physician who does a signficant number of lower leg procedures. The legs require meticulous skill and expertise. In my practice, I frequently use liposuction for thigh, knee, calf and ankle contouring. Lipedema requires someone trained in water assistaed technologies (Body Jet) and requires diagnosis of the condition first, I suggest seeing Dr. Karen Herbst. Best, Dr. Emer