Are there any known doctors in Ontario Canada who perform lipodema liposuction?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery. You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages as well as call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Liposuction for lipedema
Thank you for asking about your lipedema and liposuction.
- This is a very troubling issue because heavy legs are a real problem for many women.
- Lipedema is (probably) an inherited tendency to excessive fat in the legs with some lymphatic abnormalities.
- I say probably because a lot is written on-line about lipedema but almost nothing in the medical literature.
- Type III lipedema would not, I believe, apply to you - it appears to be used to mean Madelung's disease. This is Bilateral symmetric lipomatosis. It affects the upper body and it returns despite liposuction.
- In contrast, lipedema appears to be permanently improved or even 'cured' after liposuction.
- Since liposuction is so effective, it suggests that the lymphatic abnormalities are caused by the excess fat and that the fat, not abnormal lymphatics is the underlying problem.
- You should be able to find a plastic surgeon near you who is experienced in small cannula liposuction.
- This will reduce the bulk of your legs and should give you permanent improvement.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction for Lipedema -- NEEDS EXPERT IN WAL, VASER, POWER ASSISTED and Multiple Stage Procedure
I suggest you find an expert in this type of liposuction as it is completely different (medical>>cosmetic) and needs a combination approach for the best long term outcomes (to stop progression). Best, Dr. Emer.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.