LC Pro Cap after FUE Hair Transplant?

I just wanted to know how soon after an fue hair transplant can I start using my lc pro laser cap Is it safe to use it? Is it advantageous or disadvantageous?

Laser cap use after hair transplant

Once all the crusts have been removed and the swelling /inflammation have receded, I would expect at 2 weeks time you are safe to use the laser cap.   To reduce shock loss, it is advisable to start finasteride or minoxidil or both post procedure.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using a Laser Cap after Hair Transplant

Excellent question!  As you know, the focused, red-spectrum light used in laser cap devices increases the energy production around the hair follicles, waking cells from dormancy into an active growth phase, but Red Light Therapy has actually been shown to aid in general wound healing as well, by reducing inflammation and accelerating metabolic activity. I frequently recommend that patients use a laser cap device as an adjunct to topical and oral medications or immediately after a hair transplantation procedure to help speed their recovery. Using your laser cap as soon after your procedure as is comfortably possible will most likely be advantageous and help you achieve optimal results.

Use of LC pro laser after a procedure FUE?

shreddy1,

The lasercap pro device can be used soon after any hair transplant procedure. It decreases scalp inflammation and only uses amplified light so it should not damage the transplant. 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is probably no advantage of using a laser cap after surgery based on scientific papers. However some doctors would

There is probably no advantage of using a laser cap after surgery based on scientific papers.  However some doctors would advocate its use.  There is likely no harm in using it.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Use of laser cap after hair transplant

You can use the laser cap after hair transplant once all of the crusts are gone from the recipient area, usually a week or so

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon