Plus Size Bbl - I'm 5'8 250 lbs. (photo)

I only want full back,flanks and waistline liposuction with fat transfer. I don't want any abdominal lipo because I plan on a tummy tuck in the future.I don't mind waiting on that. I know my bmi is high but I'm wondering is there a doctor who is willing to do just the liposuction I want?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Plus-Size Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

Your current BMI is 38. An obese patient is more prone to complications. Reducing your BMI to 30 (weight just under 200 lbs) will reduce surgical and anesthesia risks. At just under 200 lbs, you will still have enough fat to get your procedure done with a noticeable increase in your buttock projection. The other advantage is that at a lower weight, you'll be able to see more of a difference in your contour after liposuction. Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

High BMI

With a very high BMI, you are at higher risk for complications. You are best to lose some weight first and then be evaluated.

Plus Size Bbl - I'm 5'8 250 lbs.

This is a decision that I make specific to each patient. If you are young healthy with no medical problems and take no medications I am more likely to do the procedure with a high BMI. You must know that your risk of complications is much higher when you are obese. We would have to talk about this in detail and also make sure you have realistic expectations for results. 

Lipo + BBL, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BBL

Thank you for your question and photograph.

Every doctor will have a slightly different protocol based on their beliefs and experiences but most will agree that having a BMI above 30 isn’t optimal for elective cosmetic surgery. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 38 which is considered obese which isn’t optimal for undergoing elective cosmetic surgery and it puts you at a higher risk of delayed healing so it would be best for you to try and get your BMI down to around 30 or lower. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results because weight fluctuation can cause a change in your results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. Once you are at your goal weight, I do feel that you may benefit from a Brazilian butt lift to achieve your cosmetic goals. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon