What position do I sleep in when I'm getting a BBL, tummy tuck, & fat transfer to hips?

Hopefully, your surgeon can answer this for you as the recovery period can be just as important as the surgery itself.  Every surgeon will have a different recommendation for this. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It is better to sleep with 2 pillows below your back and 3 more below your legs to help the swelling goes down. don't sleep on your sides for 8 weeks and be careful with your incision.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Sleeping on your sides will probably be the best position.  However, in order to have an easier recovery, staging the procedures is recommended. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

TT & BBL

You will need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon, if they are comfortable performing the two procedures together then they will have a precise aftercare plan for you to follow for optimal results. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 3 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. Even sleeping on your sides can affect the survival of the fat cells if you are getting them transferred to your hips. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL with tummy tuck positioning

The best position when you combine these procedures is on your sides. This can be difficult for some and if that is the case, staging these procedures might be a good idea. If your abdominoplasty is tight we also recommend a crouched side position to minimize the tension are you abdominal incision. Good luck! 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

This is  a good question, and may be best answered by your surgeon.  Depending on the amount of tension on the tummy tuck incision and the amount of fat transferred to the various areas, there may be different appropriate positions to sleep which will minimize pressure/tension on the affected areas.  Check with your surgeon for their recommendations in your particular case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Avoid Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) and Tummy Tuck Combo

That's a great question. And that is exactly the reason in my practice I will not do those two procedures together. I do not want there to be any compromise in the result for either procedure. For your tummy tuck recovery, you're constantly in the beach chair position to be the most comfortable. This will put pressure on your butt. In my practice, to get the most  buttocks projection and to avoid killing the fat  (because you're not going through a BBL to get a bigger, FLAT butt), I do not allow my patients to put any pressure on the buttocks for six weeks. I prescribe a special thigh roll to use to avoid pressure on the butt when sitting, not a Boppy pillow or a donut roll. Both of these still push on the butt when sitting. I would advise separating these two procedures. Even if you are told to lay on your sides if you decide to proceed with the combination procedure, you'll still be putting some pressure on the fat that was placed in your buttocks. Best of luck.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

BBL & Tummy Tuck Recovery

A Brazilian butt lift recovery requires you to not lay or sit directly on your buttocks for three weeks while the tummy tuck recovery is a little less restrictive in that way. You may be able to sleep on your side, or by resting on your back with your head and knees elevated in such a way that doesn't put any pressure directly on your buttocks.

It is actually okay for you to lay on your stomach following a tummy tuck once it is comfortable for you to do so and your surgeon has given you permission to do so.

The most important thing you can do following any plastic surgery, but particularly in the case of a multiple procedure surgery such as the BBL Tummy Tuck combo, is to adhere to the post-op instructions your surgeon provides.

Best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD