Can I travel long distance after a BBL?

I want to have a BBL so bad, I have done my research and I want it done overseas in the US as I live in Australia, a lot of Australian plastic surgeons aren't specified in the BBL area. How long would it take before I'm able to travel that long distance after a BBL. So I know on how to plan my leave at work

Can I travel long distance after a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. of course you can, the thing that you have to consider is to walk during the flight time, because it is not good to sit after a bbl for too many hours. Also, if you use your boopy pillow it will be better for you too!

Can I travel long distance after a BBL?

Be very careful not to be tricked by gimmicks and do your research. Plan to have a responsible caregiver. If you are traveling by yourself then call ahead and get recommendations from your surgeons office about places to stay and reliable post operative caregivers that they have used before. It is also a good idea to inquire about purchasing cosmetic insurance that will cover complications that could occur within 30 days after surgery. Complications  that are associate with the cosmetic procedure are usually not covered by your regular health insurance.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL

It is advisable to try and find a reputable board certified plastic surgeon in your area so you can continue to be under the care of the surgeon who operated on you. If you do decide to travel out of the country then I would plan to stay for a minimum of 3 weeks after your surgery for post-operative check-ups and to prevent any damage to the surviving fat by sitting on a long flight but it is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols, and to come up with an appropriate aftercare plan for you once you go back home. I recommend that my patients do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back fly before 3 weeks post op, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Can I travel long distance after a BBL?

Yes. We've had several patients from Australia and many other countries. The longer your flight, the longer you should try to stay before taking the long flight home. We recommend avoiding sitting for the first two weeks. We also supply a BBL pillow that can be used to help you keep weight off your bottom.  Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Traveling after BBL

This question is best for whichever surgeon you have chosen as he/she will have different policies based on their experience. Many of my patients travel from overseas and we usually recommend that they stay in the area for 2 weeks prior to long distance travel. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery.

Overall, the longer you can delay flying following surgery, the better.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Can I travel long distance after a BBL?

Every surgeon will have a different postoperative routine based upon your health, the procedures performed, how you are recovering, and travel destination along with mode of transportation.