How long can I safely sit 4 weeks PO BBL? (Photo)

Until now, I have been very good w/ not sitting, except for about 20 min 2-3x a week. When I go for my massages I lay on a table while they take care of my tummy w/ my feet elevated on an wedge and a pillow under my lower back to reduce the pressure put on my Butt. I started using my Booty buddy at about 3 w PO for no more than 1 hour at a time, but last night didn't have it, so I sat w/ a pillow under my thighs for a few hours trying not to put pressure on the butt. Do you think this was harmful?

It's important to avoid direct sitting on your buttocks for at least two weeks after surgery to ensure the best outcome. The longer you can avoid sitting, the better your ultimate outcome.You should also wear your garments for about four weeks. Minimize your activity (exercise) for about four weeks also. Most patients will take off about 1 or 2 weeks from work and will use special pillows to sit on when returning to work.

Best Of Luck !!

Postoperative care following BBL.

It is unlikely that you did anything to harm your result after 4 weeks.  We however instruct our patient's to keep pressure off of the buttock area for at least 8 weeks.  It would be best for you to discuss this with your surgeon .  Good luck.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Post op Brazilian

hello. It sounds like you are doing your best to keep off of the fat that was grafted to the buttock.  The reasons for this is to prevent absorption of the fat and loss of volume. Nothing medically seriously bad can happen by sitting     You can only do your best  so continue with your booty buddy pillow.  And stay off the buttocks as much as you can 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

How long can I safely sit 4 weeks PO BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you use your boopy pillow for at least 8 weeks from surgery to achieve a better shape and also results. don't use anything else, it can damage the results. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question.  You should discuss this concern with your surgeon as every surgeon recommends specific guidelines.  In our office, we recommend using BBL pillow after first two weeks of surgery for 20-25 mins increments.  Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL Postoperative Recovery

It sounds like you have taken the proper precautions for protecting your newly transferred fat against pressure. I recommend that you discuss your question with your surgeon for specifics regarding which pillows to use with various positions. It is unlikely that you cause significant harm by putting pressure after 3 weeks however your surgeon will be the best resource for your postoperative recovery. Good luck. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Post-op care and BBL

All specifics as related to your care should be addressed by your surgeon since he may suggest different things.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon