I actually want to lift my cheekbones without surgery. Is it possible? Is there any possible option or way?

Cheek lift

The malar area is the most projecting part of the midface skeleton. It is what we consider the "cheekbone." Prominent malar bones are considered attractive. Hence, the malar area is frequently augmented with implants. Oftentimes, a deficiency in cheek prominence is part of a more generalized deficiency in the midface skeleton. For that reason, malar (cheek) implants are often used in combination with other implants - most frequently, with infraorbital rim implants, which build up the area directly beneath the eye.

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help with the evaluation. I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Think of facial beauty as something that "must" address all layers of the face including the skeletal structure of the cheeks and chin, the overlying SMAS muscle, amount and position of subcutaneous fat and finally the degree of skin laxity. It's an "urban myth" that pulling tissues over flat cheeks and a weak chin can create a beautiful or handsome face. Similarly, dermal fillers or facial implants alone can't lift and remove excess skin from the face and neck. Natural looking beauty is created by the aesthetic vision of what tissues layers need to be adjusted by what technique and amount.

Non surgical skin/tissue tightening has limitations of several mm's while surgical skin removal is often 2 to 3 inches. The difference is 2-3 mm's versus 50-75 mm's (there are 24.5 m’s in an inch) with surgical removal. So, the answer is yes you can have a non surgical treatment but you have to be realistic about the results provided by non surgical techniques.

Dermal fillers would be a great place to start if your cheeks are flat as this alone can feminize the entire face. In order for that to occur, the dermal filler needs to be placed in the front of the cheeks which will create a full round cheek and thereby a feminine, heart shaped face. If however, the dermal filler is placed to the outside of the cheek this broadens and widens the face which is a relatively masculinizing effect and one that will "not" create a more feminine shaped face.

Hope this helps.

Available options

The term non-surgical cheek lift is a misnomer – the more accurate term is non-surgical facial rejuvenation. There are 3 types: 1) Energy transfer (radiofrequency, infrared, etc.) - used to 'heat' the deeper facial tissues and cause tightening of the face. 2) Volume replacement - the use of fillers or fat to give a more youthful look. 3) Resurfacing procedures (peels, fractionated lasers) - treats the face superficially and does not tighten deeper tissues that have 'sagged' nor does it restore volume.

You can use a combination of these procedures to correct your issues but the results are subtle (i.e., won’t address deep wrinkles or folds), there may be some discoloration (goes away after several weeks) and in some cases, swelling. The upside is mainly that there is no recovery period, you get smoother, tighter, more contoured skin and a big boost to your confidence and self-esteem­.

On the other hand, there are 3 basic types of cheek lift surgery — a mini lift, a complete cheek lift and neck lift, or a mid-face lift. A consultation with a board certified cosmetic surgeon can help you understand the options available to you.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lift Cheekbones without surgery

If you are looking for a nonsurgical option to give your cheeks a lifted appearance, fillers are an option. You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss these options and which would give you your desired look.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Voluma is a 2 year hyaluronic acid filler that is FDA approved for use on the cheeks.  It stays put and lifts very well.  I would recommend you find a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon who has an expertise in fillers to evaluate you, and treat you.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical cheek augmentation

This is precisely what Voluma is FDA-approved for. See the attached video.

As always, find a reputable injector.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Needs an exam

Fillers such as Voluma or radiesse can make a difference in your cheeks and appearance.
You can come in for an exam or post some photos.
This is a very common and gratifying procedure.

Fillers are an option

Certain fillers, such as Voluma, can add fullness the cheeks as well as provide a cheek lifting effect.  They can be administered in the office with minimal down time.  Results typically last around two years.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician

Cheek Lift w/o Surgery

Thank you for your question!

Absolutely!  The use of fillers can help add volume to the cheeks as well as other areas of the face.  While only a temporary fix, it will give you an idea as to what you can expect if you were to proceed with surgery and adding an implant to the cheek.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to further discuss your options and desired outcome.   Best of luck!

Lift cheekbones without surgery

This is a great question. Using fillers like Voluma make it possible to augment the cheekbones for a lifted appearance and replace loss of volume that happens naturally as we age. It's important to consult with a qualified provider with experience in filler injections to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.