Can transplanted hair grow without shedding?

Was wondering if it's possible instead of waiting for next growth cycle

Hair growth without shedding post transplant

It is possible that the hair can begin growing after the procedure.  Each hair has an individual growth cycle.  Usually the transplanted hair is confused when moved and goes into the resting phase. However, sometimes it grows immediately then sheds 4 2-4 months post procedures.  I have found a lot less post operative shedding when the transplant is FUE procedure.

Transplanted hair may grow without shedding but this is rare. Everyone is different and every surgery is different.

Transplanted hair may grow without shedding but this is rare.  Everyone is different and every surgery is different.  How fast or slow your transplanted hair grows vary.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanted hair

typically the transplanted hair shafts fall out in the first few weeks, go dormant for 3-4 months and then grow. Occasionally some of the transplanted hair does not fall, but will fall when a new hair shaft starts to grow. Rarely, but can occur, the transplanted hair does not fall and continues to grow. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Grafts falling out after transplant

IN the vast majority of cases the transplanted grafts fall out and the follicles enter into a dormant period for around 4 to 6 months--After which time the grafts begin to regrow.  I have seen cases where the grafts do not fall out and simply grow after the procedure--this is very rare.  

Growth after a hair transplant

I have seen full growth after a hair transplant in about 5% of my patients. By the 4th month their hair is 1 1/2 inches long.  Consider yourself fortunate

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon