Derma roller after hair transplant, 2 months post-op

Hi I had FUT 2 months ago, doctor has told me to use 1.5mm derma roller everyday with 5% minoxidil, after searching the internet i found out that 1.5mm derma shouldn't be used on head especially everyday. I'm now confused please help me, my doctor is not supportive and does not provide me with satisfactory answers Thank you

You trusted your doctor for surgery and paid your doctor money for your surgery. It is not acceptable that your

You trusted your doctor for surgery and paid your doctor money for your surgery.  It is not acceptable that your doctor is not supportive.  If your doctor said to use derma roller, and you want to follow your doctor's instructions, then use it.  Derma roller or minoxidil is not typically used after surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dermaroller

I would not use a dermaroller on the scalp as it may damage the existing follicles and cause shock loss. I have seen this occur and it has been significant. Using the 5% minoxidil daily is sufficient, make sure to get it throughout your scalp and be consistent with its use.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Derma roller

The derma rollers have no value. They will not increase the value of minoxidil but they are good for people who sell them

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon