How much time does it take to get full results after a hair transplant surgery?

Hey, it's been 8 months since my surgery, and the hair grew a little bit but it's still looks like I'm bald, because it's still thin.. so how much time am i going to wait until the whole hair grows. Thank you!

Final results after hair transplant

Depending on various factors, the first results of your hair transplant procedure will start to become apparent between the 4th and 8th months. However, the final result of the procedure is evident at about 12 months after surgery, and this period may be extended up until 18 months in certain cases.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth after hair transplant

During the 6th to 12th month post hair transplant you can expect hair to grow and become thicker and longer.   Not every hair will grow at the exact same speed however by the 12th month you should see the final result.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Results after Transplant

Normally you begin to see results after 6 months. By a year you should see full results. I would suggest seeing the doctor that performed the procedure on you and ask him.

John Kahen, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

In normal persons (persons without medical conditions that would slow healing such as diabetes) the average time for a full yield is between 8 and 12 months. However there have been rare cases where the hair did not shed and kept growing from the day of the transplant. Again this is rare. 

Most individuals experience initial growth around the 3rd month. Then between 6 and 8 months you are having to cut your hair. Then between 8 and 12 months you continue to have growth. 

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant results timeline

Growth typically should begin at the 3rd month if not earlier and expect 5-10% growth per month so that by month 9 you should be around 75%, by month 12, approx 90%.  There are many variables including including discontinuous use of minoxdil, trauma post procedure, sun exposure, and how the procedure was performed that can affect or delay growth.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hair growth

the earliest growth occurs between 3-4 months and continues growing until 12-15 months. not all of the hair grows at the same time or the same rate. It is best to have a follow up with the surgeon who performed your procedure to review your preoperative photos and gauge your results. Results do vary based on surgeon as well as the number of grafts performed during your session.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

8 months since surgery

I tell my patients that they can expect 80% of the results of a hair transplant at the 8th month on average. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Resutls

Full resutls can take 6-18 months depending on case size and patient.  Not all transplants work so you have to be ready and do follow ups to improve your odds.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Results after a hair transplant

Usually, the final result is obtained after one year postop. Between the 6th and 12th months, the hair structure will change and the density should increase.

Jean Devroye, MD
Belgium Hair Restoration Surgeon