Fat grafting to face migrates to other areas?

20s, I want volume to forehead and cheeks since it's so flat but i hear about patients where the fat migrates from forehead and down to the eyes causing puffy eyes and fat on cheeks which moved to jawline causing sagging. Why is it happening? Why does it "take" irregularly and lead to asymmetry? This is worrisome and makes me want to try fillers instead

Fat transfer migrating

No, fat transfer to the face does not migrate. It is one of the safest, most natural ways to add volume to the face and is an excellent option for people of all ages. Younger patients can enhance their cheekbones or lips with fat that is natural and long lasting. I add a fat transfer to my clients that are getting a facelift quite often. Discuss options with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out what would be best for you.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does fat transfer migrate

No, fat transfer to the face does not migrate. In my opinion, it is one of the safest, most natural ways to apply volume to the face. 

Juan Diego Mejia, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting to Face

Fat transfer from the tummy or thighs to the face is an excellent option for people of all ages. Younger patients can enhance their cheekbones or lips with fat that is natural and long lasting. As we age, our face deflates, losing fat, causing sagging skin to look more obvious. Fat grafting to the face rejuvenates the face with biological filler, your own fat! I frequently use fat transfer to my facelift patients to enhance and prolong the result. It stays where I put it, does not move.Depending on the individual, one treatment does the trick, but sometimes secondary touch ups are needed. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Fat injections

Fat injections do not migrate. Swelling can happen in areas more dependent initially after a procedure. Aging over time can lead to soft tissue descent due to deflation or worsening skin laxity.