Can I wash my hairs after fat injection?

I had fat injection in my forehead 5 days ago. (Fixing old scar from dog bite). Fat was taken from my abdomen and injected in forehead. Just wanted to know can I have shower and wash my hairs with shampoo after this operation. I still have abdomen pain and sensitive forehead.

Washing Hairs after Fat Injection

Washing of hairs after Fat Injection in Forehead shouldn't be a problem if done gently. The taking of fat graft (incorporating as a part of your forehead tissue) depends on immobility of that area, so your have to be cautious so as not to exert any undue pressure there.

India Plastic Surgeon

Washing Hairs after Fat Injection

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Shower After Fat Transfer to Face

I suggest you wait 48 hours to allow the port entry site to fully close, in order to avoid infection.  Also, consult your surgeon for advice. Good luck!

Shower After Fat Transfer to Face

Shower after fat grafting to the forehead

Hello inka11, thank you for your question.  I usually tell my patients that they can wash their hair/ face/ shower 24 hours after fat grafting to the face/ forehead.  You should be able to do all that by now!  Just be careful and do not apply too much pressure onto the grafted areas.  Good luck!

Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD
Mission Viejo Plastic Surgeon

Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD
Mission Viejo Plastic Surgeon