Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant? Are my expectations realistic?

I absolutely hate my profile. My chin is extremely weak and my nose is overprojected, i have been wanting to do this for years now. I have edited the photos to show my dream profile. I am so ready for a change. My face is very young looking. I have covered them, but i have giant blue eyes, and i feel like my profile ruins my appearance. Are my photos realistic? Please give as much info and opinions as possible, i will be making a decision soon.

Wow, you're great with the image editor! You're hired!

You did a spectacular job of modifying your profile and three-quarter views, much better than the job you did five months ago on a previous post. Your nose is already short enough, with the tip pointed up. You took down the hump to a slight concavity, looking very natural, and you did a very good job augmenting the chin.

See the "Web reference" link, below. I made a modification/animation of your frontal view, to show the changes that are possible in expert hands, reducing the width of the tip.

You look to be a very good candidate for a rhinoplasty and a chin augmentation. You should understand that these changes require advanced techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle with skill. You must see a surgeon's before and after photos before hiring him. The photos are your only indication of the surgeon's skill.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feasible and realistic

Your simulation is very adequate, realistic, achievable and shows a good cosmetic and anatomical judgement: you are an ideal case for rhinoplasty and sliding genioplasty. I would only add you might need septal leghtening since your nasolabial angle is too wide making your tip over rotated, upturned and too piggy for your new balance.

Being an option, chin implants and fillers have serious disadvantages, specially in the mid and long term, patients are rarely happy with them after 5-6 years, all are out by then or later.

Consider the chin advancement by means of sliding genioplasty, the advantages are:
-lifetime procedure, no more revision or renewal procedures
-more natural than implants
-no visibility of implant edges during gestures
-improves the double chin effect at the sub-mental muscles (floor of mouth) hammock caused by lack of tension there; also improves the shape and tension of perioral muscles; implants do no offer this feature
-horse-shoe enhancement, covering the chin and also the jaw sides of it
-no future displacements or neuritis of mental nerves
-practically zero infections and 100% healing of bones
-no need for complex plates and screws that may need future removal; just steel wires synthesis may suffice, they stay buried into bone callus

The cons are:
-expensive, but cheap if you consider the lifetime pros
-technically demanding, few surgeons are experienced or comfortable (though I personally perform 100% of the chin augmentations by this osseous method, always after offering the patients both options)
-scary for the patient (though not so much if you explain well the stuff around it)

You'll find in this website dozens of negative experiences with chin implants in the short and mid term, do read my profile's Q&A and you'll find them too. I am doing sliding genioplaties for 15 years with the highest success and no one patient regreted, totall the opposite, I did many chin implant removals and one staged sliding genioplasties to replace them.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Realistic results

You did an excellent job of self imaging.  I think the results you demonstrated are possible.  Combining chin implant surgery with rhinoplasty will provide a balance that rhinoplasty alone will not.  visiting with your surgeon about all of your concerns, including if he believes your desires are realistic, is key to getting the results you desire.  Your surgeon should be able to provide pictures of results with patients who had similar pre operative  features and what those results were as a result of surgery.

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

You appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and chin implant based on the photos you have submitted.  I believe the simulated results are realistic in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

John Burns, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation

Your rhinoplasty and chin augmentation imaging efforts are both very good and are realistic outcomes. With your young age and the amount of chin augmentation you need, you may consider a sliding genioplasty instead of an implant since it will serve you better in the long run.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

A rhinoplasty and a chin implants seem reasonable for you.  The computer morphed images seem to be realistic, but you have to be aware that computer images may not reflect the final result.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

A rhinoplasty and chin implant procedures are a realistic expectations based on the photographs. The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a bulbous tip, and an under projecting weak chin profile. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, narrowing the bridge and narrowing the tip. A chin implant can be inserted through submental approach at the same time to help with facial balance and portions, especially with respect to the projection of the nose. For many examples of this combination, please see the video and the link below

Rhinoplasty and chin. expectations?

Hi Donna,

I think you are right on track. The changes you made to the profile for the nose and chin are realistic. I do believe, you would be able to obtain the refinement your are looking for with surgery.

Remember surgery is not exactly the same as working with photos and even a very good surgeon might not be able to control things as precisely as photoshop can. But with the photos you have altered you can communicate with your surgeon to explain what you are looking for and have the doctor tell you what she or he thinks you can achieve.

My recommendation is you go for it! Meet with a rhinoplasty surgeon in your area and discuss the procedure and recovery.

Good luck!

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nasal profile is currently not bad. Your front view shows a broad tip. This could be distortion from the camera's lens. If not a distortion, then I would recommend a rhinoplasty. 
Your chin is certainly receded. Your photo manipulations are realistic.
So I would certainly recommend a chin implant and, a rhinoplasty, if the tip is as broad as it appears.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty and chin implant?

Thank you for the photos.  Yes, you would be a great candidate.  I would encourage you to sit down with a board certified plastic surgeon, and do the computer imaging together.  This will help you with your decision, and also give you a good idea about your surgeon's experience.  You can also see some of his/her before and after photos. Before and after photos are the only way to assure yourself that that the surgon in question can actually deliver what he is talking about.  I can tell you are really excited to have this done, picking the right surgeon will help you feel comfortable with your profile.  Good luck